The University of Oxford and the Mastercard Foundation have an innovative and ambitious partnership under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx). The partnership is set to provide 400 young African scholars with a fully-funded opportunity to pursue taught Masters degrees in programmes related to pandemic preparedness and recovery at the University of Oxford. You can apply for Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD now.
Deadline: Depends on the program, however, most deadlines are on the 20th Jan. 2023
The Scholarship funds a rigorous one-year taught Master’s course at Oxford aimed at equipping the Scholars with relevant technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills and connecting them to world-leading resources in their respective sectors. Key elements of the scholarship programme include adequate support and preparation for students to take up their studies, intensive emphasis on life skills beyond academia and support for a lifelong network of alumni. Each Scholar will benefit from the highest calibre training in specific disciplines critical to solving pressing problems, including food systems, health sciences, sustainable water and energy systems, governance and public policy, and entrepreneurship, among others. Their programs will centre the four AfOx themes relevant to Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the Sustainable Development Goals: Healthy People, Integrated Societies, Green Futures, and Innovation for Prosperity. Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
The scholarship specifically emphasises groups who have historically been under-represented, including but not limited to female scholars, people from refugee and displaced backgrounds and scholars with accessibility needs. A cohort of 20 Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholars– UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD. studying various academic disciplines, including global health, engineering, public policy, law, and refugees and forced migration Studies, began their studies in the 2022 academic year. This group of emerging African leaders come from 13 African counties and are members of 9 Oxford colleges.
THIS MASTER’S SCHOLARSHIP COVERS:
- Covering tuition fees and living expenses for international students.
- Provides logistics support, including an economy return flight, visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees, settling down allowance, and access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
- All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the scholarship.
2. The scholarship emphasises explicitly groups who have historically been under-represented, including but not limited to female scholars, people from refugee and displaced backgrounds and disabled scholars. Necessary residence considerations will be made for students from refugee and displaced backgrounds.
3. To be considered for this scholarship, submit your application for graduate study to the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for your chosen course of study. Please read the Application Guide in detail ahead of making the application. We strongly recommend you submit your application form and all of your supporting documents at least a week before the December/January for your course.
4. Eligible candidates who receive a conditional offer from their course will be then invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program. All invited candidates will be expected to fill in the AfOx Graduate Scholarship questionnaire during the application process.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed virtually before decisions are made, and the timelines will be communicated at the interview stage.
Apply here for Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarships- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
PS: Basic Document to Keep Ready?
- Degree Certificate
- English Test result or a waiver for English-speaking countries
- Personal Statement.
Need help in writing or proofreading your personal statement? Click here