The programme is designed to help young Nigerians develop the skills and tools required for employment, while working in government departments. Young people are encouraged to take on roles that will allow them to influence policy outcomes in their respective sectors.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SECURING A SCHOLARSHIP THIS 2021? LETS HELP YOU REACH YOUR GOAL FASTER.
FOLLOW US TODAY!
Public and private sector stakeholders play a crucial role in this process as progress partners through which the long-term future of the nation is secured and immediate human capital needs are met.
The NJFP is committed to transparency and accountability. The programme forges partnerships with organizations, both locally and internationally, to create opportunities for Nigerian youth. We will provide access to the best world-class facilitators through training programmes and workshops in Nigeria.
- Host: Federal Government | United Nations
- Category: Fellowship and Training
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Monthly Salary
- Deadline: October 20, 2021
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp , Facebook and Telegram
- The need for this initiative is based on the fact that the unemployment and underemployment rates in Nigeria and beyond continue to grow, with many young graduates unable to find appropriate jobs after school. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between human resource demands of organisations and job opportunities by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
- Chances are we’ve all been there – fresh graduate with little work experience, starting at the bottom of the corporate ladder. The one thing that resonates with most leaders and mid-level executives years down the line is their wish for support at the start of their careers – a little push to get one foot in the door, or help them to master the ropes.
- In Nigeria, a country still recovering from an economic recession and the multisector impact of COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even harder to match accessible talent with entry-level roles. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organisations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
- The Nigeria Fellowship Program is a youth empowerment partnership initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The program is championed by the government and supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners.
In order to be eligible to apply for the programme, applicants must:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate not earlier than 2017.
- Be at most 30 years old.
- Not currently engaged in any employment.
- Have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) OR have a certificate of exemption from the NYSC.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment in chosen career field.
- Demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- Have excellent time management and a professional attitude.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Method of Application
Step 1: Register via the application form
Step 2: Fill in your contact information. You will receive an email to confirm your registration. This is also where you can check on the status of your application.
Step 3: Submit your application (and passport photo) online by 20 October
DEADLINE : 20th October, 2021.