About The Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship
Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship is offering the opportunity to Nigerian students for Postgraduate Scholarship program, through the Assessed Internship Program open for candidates across Shell business environments. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from selected state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers states. The objective of the scholarship program is to provide postgraduate study opportunities in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
Details Of Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship
DEADLINE: 22nd April 2022
FUNDING: tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK, and living expenses only.
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES: Open to all Nigeria postgraduate students
TYPE OF STUDY: Full-Time Course
SCHOLARSHIP NAME: Shell Scholarship
List Of Universities And Available Courses
The following courses quality for scholarships at the three institutions:
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- Masters in Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
The University of Leeds
Eligibility For Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- Gain admission to study on one of the eligible courses at the college has applied through the normal application process;
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Have completed their National Youth Service by September 2022
- Be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Be between the ages of 21-28 years by 30/09/2022.
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2022
- Be employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
Benefits Of Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
- Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
- This is a non-committal scholarship.
How To Apply
- To apply for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students to study in the UK, applicants must adhere to the following:
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2022.
Deadline Of Scholarship
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2022.