University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023 will provide 1 year full-time on-campus scholarship, 3 year part-time online Master’s scholarships & 2-year part-time postgraduate Diploma scholarships to students living or working in Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
The University of Edinburgh is recruiting exceptional young people committed to pursuing their studies digitally to apply for an Online Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh. Online studies are an excellent way to earn a qualification, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to degrees taught on campus.
Applicants can apply for either:
- Online Masters (part-time over 3 years) OR
- Online Post-graduate Diploma (part-time over 2 years)
- On-Campus Learning Scholarships
On-Campus Learning Scholarships: University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023
ON-CAMPUS SCHOLARSHIP: University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide 1 year postgraduate on-campus scholarships to students living or working in Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
On top of the full scholarship (tuition fees, accommodation, travel and living costs stipend), the Scholars Program facilitates a transformative leadership programme to inspire and support Scholars in making changes in their communities and countries on their return home.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
You must meet the eligibility criteria to apply:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country
- Applicants must have graduated from undergraduate study before December 2022 and must be in possession of a degree certificate and official, final transcript to upload alongside their application
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must be without the financial means to study oversees independently
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- If applying for the Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- If applying for the PG diploma: Applicants can either have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022). If you have a Master’s degree, our admissions team will review you first degree (undergraduate) to meet the post graduate diploma entry requirement. The MCF team will review your Master’s degree transcripts to confirm the graduation date and location of your University.
- Applicants must be 35 or under on the 1 September 2023
Application deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The deadline for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is on Friday 27 January 2023.
Application Process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship before applying to the University.
For More Information: Visit the University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024
PS: Basic Document to Keep Ready?
- Degree Certificate
- English Test result or a waiver for English-speaking countries
- Personal Statement.
Need help in writing or proofreading your personal statement? Click here