The University of Pretoria (UP) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation to offer African students scholarships for studying postgraduate degrees. Students can begin in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the program.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities
- Type : Postgraduate
- Country to study: South Africa
- Institution : University of Pretoria
- Course of study: not specified
- Application: October 31, 2021
Aim and Benefits of UP/MCF Masters Scholarship
The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of studies
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students
Interview date, Process and Venue for UP/MCF Masters Scholarship
Applications will be assessed on their academic achievements and on the fit of applicants to the ethos of the program. Applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in a minimum time frame, returning home after graduation and giving back to their communities.
October 31, 2021
How to Apply
Students who are interested in studying at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program should follow the application processes in the Scholarship webpage.
Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online here
Click on the following link for the Postgraduate scholarship application form.
Click the following link for Application Instructions
For more details, visit UPMCF website