Are you a youth who would love to serve as an intern at a Continental body? Do you want to broaden your knowledge and enhance your technical skills in an international environment? Would you like to gain more experience based on your personal and professional skills? Good news for you!
African Continental Free Trade is recruiting interns who have the tenacity to work diligently with them, gain more experience, and improve their skills. Read meticulously as everything concerning the requirements of getting this offer has been distilled down here.
ABOUT THE AFRICAN CONTINENTAL FREE TRADE AREA(AfCFTA)
This is the world’s largest free trade area, comprising the 55 countries of the African Union (AU) and eight (8) Regional Economic Communities (RECs). The general declaration of the AfCFTA is to construct a single continental market with a population of about 1.3 billion people and a combined GDP (Gross Domestic Products) of approximately US $3.4 trillion.
The aim is to enable the free flow of goods and services across the continent and boost the trading position of Africa in the global market. The AfCFTA is one of the forerunner projects of Agenda 2063 of the African Union (AU): The Africa We Want, the Au’s long-term development strategy for changing the continent into a global powerhouse. The AfCFTA would like to offer an opportunity to students who have sufficient knowledge and skills in relevant areas to work as interns (for a stipulated period) and gain some practical experience and international exposure.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS
The internship program is scheduled to get highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Secretariat. They would work on projects correlated to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretariat and to help the corporate functions of the Secretariat.
The main goal is to permit successful candidates to enhance their analytical and technical skills in an international environment. The program is chiefly educational and aims to expose participants (interns) to how AfCFTA operates at an early stage and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
This program provides an avenue for participants to gain exposure and some first-hand experience in various appropriate fields while learning in a multicultural environment.
THE PURPOSES OF AfCFTA
1. To broaden students’ knowledge depending on the projects carried out by AfCFTA.
2. To offer a conducive learning platform to eligible intern students.
3. To provide students, the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
4. To promote the AfCFTA to the public, especially the youth, and motivate them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations.
THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR QUALIFICATION
1. You must be a national of a Member State of the African Union living in Ghana.
2. Full–time final year students who are in the department of finance, accounting, audit, or related fields are also allowed.
3. Your school must be a recognized and accredited one either a public or private academy or institution.
4. You must be fluent in one of the African Union Official languages(French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili, and Spanish)
5. Applicants must be available throughout the program which should last for 3 months(minimum) and a maximum of 6 months.
6. Must have IT or technical skills which enhance your chance of getting this offer
7. Must be a computer literal who can handle Microsoft Office with ease.
8. Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment.
9. Applicants should be able to uphold and adhere to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
9. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
1. Applications for admission to the AfCFTA Secretariat Internship Program are submitted online. Visit https://jobs.au.int/search index.php
2. If you do not have an account with this organization, you are advised to create an account with them first before you can sign up.
3. Essential information about yourself should be provided.
4. The documents to be submitted include:
(i) An encouragement letter which explains what they are expected to get from you after the training
(ii) A copy of a valid passport or identity card
(iii) A letter of motivation
(iv) Current curriculum vitae (CV)
(v) Proof of enrolment, preferably a letter of introduction from one’s University
After registration, an email will be sent to you confirming that your application has been successfully received.
The selection process or strategy consists of four main stages:
(i) Application and cover letter should be addressed to the Administration and Human Resources Directorate of the Secretariat
(ii)Pre-screening: all applications are screened, and eligible candidates are placed on a shortlist made available to AfCFTA Secretariat Directorates
(iii)Interview and/or Written Test:
There might be an interview or written test conducted by the hiring team
A candidate who is selected after the telephone interview and/or written test will receive an email with an internship offer letter from the AHRM Directorate
Verifiable references will be required.
However, for each period, confirmation of interns will be done, solely based on business needs. The maximum duration of the internship program is 6 months.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted before or on October 31, 2023, by 11:59 p.m. (11h59 p.m. UTC).
(i)Internship Program: Finance, Accounting, Audit
(ii)Internship Program: Management, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Communication.
(iii)Internship Program: Project Management, M &E, International Public Policy, International Relations
(iv)Internship Program: International Trade, International Trade Law, Law, Economic
(v) Internship Program: IT, Digital Application, Digital Policy
Visit the Official page of the AfCFTA Internship Program, https://jobs.au.int/search index.php